Friday 14 November 2008

The Daily Telegraph finally joins the 21st Century!



The Daily Telegraph? When I think of it, the image I get is an old Tory man rocking in his arm chair reading it, and smoking a cigar.
But that is not what I think of it now, though that is only the online website!

Surfing through it today enlightened me to a totally new Daily Telegraph, not the usual long winded words and writing, that is a no go area for me! Too much writing and info for a student to grasp!

So in a bid to gain a younger audience, this new online site has made changes that are subtle rather than radical: the design offers a better use of space and a colour mix that’s easy on the eye. There are also more images and video, helping to tell stories with multimedia as well as the written word.

I particularly love the new video based channel: Telegraph TV, where I can get my quick fix of news from fashion to politics, in over a minute, great just before im heading off to university.

Although the site has transformed, it still retains its old audience as the stories are all relatively similar to the newspaper but in a much more condensed way for students to understand aswell!

The only thing they don’t have is a comment box under the stories, so for people like me who like expressing opinion, its needs to work on creating that!

But overall, The Daily Telegraph online is a great new source for up to date news. Although its taken time, the editor has finally come to realise that a younger audience are what will make the site a success!

No comments: